- Maailmanloppu ja ihmemaa (Sekai no owari to hadoboirudo wandarando) by Haruki Murakami (Tammi)
- Odininlapsi (Odinsbarn) by Siri Pettersen (Jalava)
- Viisaan miehen pelko (The Wise Man's Fear) by Patrick Rothfuss (Kirjava)
- Wendigo ja muita yliluonnollisia kauhukertomuksia edited by Markku Sadelehto (Jalava)
- Etäisten esikaupunkien asioita (Tales from Outer Suburbia) by Shaun Tan (Lasten Keskus)
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
The Ministry of Education and Culture has announced their annual cultural magazine grants. Unfortunately, from an sfnal perspective, the pickings look noticeably slimmer than in previous years. Neither Kosmoskynä nor Spin got a grant this year. The bigger zines, Portti and Tähtivaeltaja, received a 10 000 € grant each (same sum as last year) and the Finnish Comics Society zine Sarjainfo also got the same 18 000 € as last year.
Congrats to the lucky ones and commiserations to those left without!
Full list of grants (PDF)
The shortlist for the Tähtivaeltaja Award has been announced . This year no less than four of the five nominees are Finnish — this is a fir...
This weekend it was once again time for Swecon, Sweden‘s national science fiction convention. The convention was called Kontur and held at ...
The Helsinki Science Fiction Society has announced the winner of this year’s Tähtivaeltaja Award : the best science fiction book published i...
Turku Science Fiction Society has announced the nominees for the 2010 Atorox award for best Finnish sf short story published last year. The...